Reduction of the 2021-2022 Membership Fees for Individual Members
Events sponsored by The Iron and Steel Institute of Japan have been cancelled or postponed in order to help prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus(COVID-19). In fiscal 2021, however, we are planning to resume lectures and other activities to the extent possible, while maintaining anti-infection measures. In order to mitigate some of the burden borne by members during the coronavirus epidemic and as a means to encourage members, we have instituted a policy of reduced membership fees.
All individual members (ordinary members, associate members, student members, and foreign members)
- Period of effectiveness and reduced fees
For a period of two years, from January 2021 to December 2022, individual membership fees are reduced by half.
(The individual membership period follows the calendar year)
- Ordinary members 9,800 yen/year → 4,900 yen/year
- Associate members 4,900 yen/year → 2,450 yen/year
- Student members 3,000 yen/year → 1,500 yen/year
- Foreign members 9,800 yen/year → 4,900 yen/year
- Membership fee reduction methods
- 1) Current individual members: The 2021 individual membership fee you have already paid will be applied to both 2021 and 2022 (two years).
- 2) New individual members: You will be charged half the normal individual membership fee.
- 3) You do not need to apply in order to avail the membership fee reduction.
- Date program takes effect: The program will begin on Monday, May 10, 2021.
Please note that the subscription fees for the "Ferrum" (Bulletin), the “Testu-to-Hagané” (Japanese-language journal), the “ISIJ International” (English-language journal), and the “CAMP-ISIJ: Current Advance of Materials and Processes CD-ROM” (the abstracts of ISIJ Meeting) are not subject to reduction.